Counterfit Apexi Turbo Timers. - I learnt, I purhcased of a bc.com Member  

JAPSPECSHITABOX
  • JAPSPECSHITABOX
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 31,605
Post #1 post 9th October 2006 - 05:35 PM
Guys, id like to make aware to those who didnt already or dont know ,

On The Apexi Site, There is an article showing that there is a bunch of fake Apexi Turbo Timers getting around. and i had to learn the hard way, I purchased one of a member from bc.com site only to find problems installing it, and then searched online to find out why the features arent working.

Here is the link to the apexi site with all the details
http://www.apexi-usa.com/news_special.asp

Im posting this information to you all so that others are made aware, as now im down $$$$ where i could have gone about wasting another $$ and got the real deal. But i assumed that people on bc.com would be honest about what they are selling dry.gif , but clearly not. angry.gif

Thanks

AJ huh.gif

This post has been edited by HSV: Oct 9 2006, 06:03 PM

--------------------

JapSpecShitaBox™
Manic 180
Post #2

9/28/2005
COUNTERFEIT A’PEXi AUTO TIMER ALERT

It has come to our attention that some unscrupulous individuals are counterfeiting our A'PEXi Auto Timers, using our trademarked logo, and ripping people off by peddling them as a genuine A'PEXi product. These individuals are con-artists who are not interested in providing you quality performance products and are only interested in making a quick buck off unsuspecting customers. A'PEXi is concerned about the potential damage that the counterfeit Turbo Timers may cause. Poor circuit design, incomplete programming, use of inferior materials, and inconsistent manufacturing processes could lead to car malfunction, short circuits, electrical fires, electrocution, and possible physical injury and are not recommended for use.

Key features of the A'PEXi Auto Timer, such as the Parking Brake Safety Protection and Air/Fuel Ratio Monitor functions are non-operational on the counterfeit units.

In order to ensure that our customers do not get ripped off, we offer several ways to distinguish the counterfeit Turbo Timers from genuine A'PEXi Auto Timers. Please note that points 1, 9, and 10 are most effective at identifying counterfeits because they are the most difficult to change.

1. Case Thickness - The genuine A'PEXi Auto Timer has a case thickness of 3/8 inch at the display area, the counterfeit Turbo Timer is 7/16 inch. This is the best way to determine whether or not the Auto Timer is genuine or counterfeit, because it is difficult for the counterfeiters to address the thickness difference.

IPB Image

2. Check the Harness - The genuine harness has red dots along the black, white, and grey wires. The counterfeit units do not.

3. Check Parts List - The genuine A'PEXi Auto Timer contains all the items shown on the parts list. The counterfeit Turbo Timers are missing zip ties, double sided tape, splices, and electro-taps.

4. Serial Numbers - The genuine A'PEXi Auto Timer has a serial number on the black relay box. The counterfeit Turbo Timer has no serial number on the box.

IPB Image

5. Package Height - The clear plastic box on the genuine Auto Timer is 3 inches tall. The counterfeit Auto Timer is only 2.5 inches tall.

IPB Image

6. Package Opening - The clear plastic box on the genuine A'PEXi Auto Timer opens on the sides, whereas the counterfeit Auto Timer opens on the front and back.

IPB Image

7. Check the Display - On the genuine A'PEXi Auto Timer the red LED display is visibly red when powered off. On the counterfeit Turbo Timer, the display is not red when off.

8. Film on Display - The genuine A'PEXi Auto Timer has no film on the display. The counterfeit Turbo Timer has a clear poly-film affixed to the display.

IPB Image

9. A/F Monitor - On the counterfeit Turbo Timer, the A/F Function does not work. It reads 14.6 all of the time.

10. Parking Brake Safety - On the counterfeit Auto Timer, the Parking Brake Safety Function does not work. If you release the handbrake, the engine will continue idling which could lead a collision and/or physical injury.

To protect yourself, avoid purchasing a product if you are not certain that it is a genuine A'PEXi product. Only purchase from dealers on our dealer list, or otherwise dealers that you know and trust, and do not purchase this item via online auctions. Also, use a credit card that has a strong anti-fraud policy so that you can utilize their resources to get your money back should you accidentally purchased a counterfeit product.

If you have accidentally purchased a counterfeit item, immediately return the item to the place of purchase for a full refund, regardless of the store's refund policy. In the case of fraud, such policies are null and void. If the store is not compliant, file a report with the police, or http://www.fraud.org, or http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp. Please call Apex Integration, Inc. to notify us of the business/seller as well. We are on your side.

We at A'PEX Integration would like to humbly thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support of genuine A'PEX products. It is only through your awareness and support that we can protect the tuning market and continue to bring you innovative products developed from true R&D.

Please send any counterfeit related questions or information to: [email protected]
Apex Integration Inc.
330 West Taft Ave.
Orange, CA 92865
(714) 586-5700

this is the guy that took ages to send it yeah?

JAPSPECSHITABOX
Post #3

It was yes, but could have been aus post as well, as was sent normal post.

so... im willing to waive the time it took to obtain, but its a fake.

Manic 180
Post #4

QUOTE(JAPSPECSHITABOX @ Oct 10 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]1280341959[/snapback]

It was yes, but could have been aus post as well, as was sent normal post.

so... im willing to waive the time it took to obtain, but its a fake.

im looking into it, ill send you a pm with my findings smile.gif

psi999
Post #5

That’s an awesome knock off, i'm impressed....Chinese are getting really good at it these days.

So what does it do/not do correctly?

Manic 180
Post #6

QUOTE(psi999 @ Oct 10 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1280341965[/snapback]

That’s an awesome knock off, i'm impressed....Chinese are getting really good at it these days.

So what does it do/not do correctly?

9. A/F Monitor - On the counterfeit Turbo Timer, the A/F Function does not work. It reads 14.6 all of the time.

10. Parking Brake Safety - On the counterfeit Auto Timer, the Parking Brake Safety Function does not work.

Old Suzmot
Post #7

More of a lesson not to purchase from someone uknown, than not to purchase from someone on BC.

The guy in the thread you linked only has 5 posts and they all look a bit sketchy, you're wayyyy too trusting.

Rookie ROX
Post #8

QUOTE(Old Suzmot @ Oct 10 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1280341984[/snapback]

More of a lesson not to purchase from someone uknown, than not to purchase from someone on BC.

The guy in the thread you linked only has 5 posts and they all look a bit sketchy, you're wayyyy too trusting.

That is a bit harsh though - It's more unlucky than 'too trusting'. I've purchased quite a few items off Ebay, some stores, some relatively new individuals, I've purchased several items from here and CAA without dramas, I've never met any of them and never had problems.

It's more of a note to everyone at the moment to say if your purchasing an Apexi turbo timer, make them take a picture with the item and a sign or similar so you know that it's them and not a photo they found on Google, or similar.

One of those things...

ROCK ON
R~R

VY2NV
Post #9

Just so everyone knows, this is currently being investigated by the mod team smile.gif

sick_sr20de
Post #10

dang thats bad luck and a very good looking rip off. I wonder what company is manufactoring them. Maybe the guy u goit it off has links

Post #11

QUOTE(sick_sr20de @ Oct 10 2006, 10:05 PM) [snapback]1280344707[/snapback]

dang thats bad luck and a very good looking rip off. I wonder what company is manufactoring them. Maybe the guy u goit it off has links

Im pretty sure the company making them wouldnt make it easy for them to be found..

Old Suzmot
Post #12

edit: Thanks for doing my legwork HSV wink.gif

HSV
Post #13

QUOTE(Old Suzmot @ Oct 11 2006, 09:09 AM) [snapback]1280345401[/snapback]

Now before you go throwing links around to people you "think" are counterfieters, I suggest you do a bit more research. Reckless Inc are incorporated in Japan, have been around for some time now, and I sincerly doubt they sell counterfiet power fc's, HKS guages and assorted parts.

wink.gif

JAPSPECSHITABOX
Post #14

This Thread was made to make others aware of the fake sets of Apexi Turbo Timers out there,

thats all

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x